Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Possible Venue

I received two responses to the previous post. Neither was in favor of the Fun Center.

I have checked into Mahoney State Park. The 18th is not available. We can rent a conference room on Sunday the 19th in the
Peter Kiewit Lodge for ~$120 for the day plus $10-$15 per person for catered meal. We are not allowed to bring food into the Lodge.

An outdoor covered space is $50 and we can bring our own food. It's also only available on Sunday the 19th. Remember it's July in Eastern Nebraska. Think 95 degrees and 80% humidity.

I'll wait for responses from at least five people before reserving one or the other. If I don't get five responses in a timely manner then lets all just plan on meeting at Valentino's at 70th and Van Dorn at noon on the 18th. We'll wing it from there.

Perhaps we're just not that into each other. :)

4 comments:

  1. So...I am really up for anything...I just want to see everyone! I, for one, AM into all of you! I'm sure outdoors will be unbearably hot, huh...which is why the waterpark sounds appealing. However, for those not wanting or able to take advantage of the waterpart, I agree we need somewhere cool to hang out. The $120 is probably not that big of a deal, as if we all split it it will be next to nothing. For me, catered meal sounds fabulous...but don't know if that is feasible for everyone else. Guess we will just wait and see if anyone else responds? Otherwise, I could eat Valentinos every day of the week for the next month, considering the fact we don't have any out here!!! :( But the kids will need somewhere to run and play. Okay...so there you go...my two cents worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know I generally go for the "if you fail to plan your plan cannot fail" route but I'm also not a huge fan of 95 degrees. I'd be ok with either the catered bit or wandering around town in a caravan looking for a place that seats groups of 40.

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not familiar with Lincoln. If there aren't many options how about Omaha? I would love to hang out at the zoo....no comments please. :-)

    BTW catered meal sounds good.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim,
    Thanks for all your work. I know it's hard to plan something like this and please everyone, and we are excited for everyone to get together again!. I would go for the conference room with catered meal. Maybe those who wanted, could go to Valentino's pizza on Saturday night?? We'd like to attend church in Lincoln Sun. AM, so do we have choice about the time of the meal? Sharon

    ReplyDelete